Weingarten Realty is pleased to share the fourth annual Corporate Responsibility Report detailing the company’s progress in improving our environmental, social and governance practices.
In doing so, it presents an in-depth look at our GreenForward program, our efforts in water and energy management, our associate wellness program, and our cause-worthy campaigns (both company and associate sponsored).
Among several WRI record-breaking achievements, the Corporate Responsibility Report highlights that in 2018 Weingarten Realty:
- WRI earned the Silver Green Lease Leader certification from the Institute for Market Transformation and the Department of Energy Better Buildings Alliance
- Retrofitted a record 14 properties to LED parking lot lighting.
- Partnered with Measurable to improve utility aggregation and management on 1,700 accounts
- Recycled a record number of 37k tons of material
- Implemented composting programs at 95% of our West Coast properties.
- 1,215,318 SF of cool roofs installed throughout portfolio (86.9% of roofs installed during 2018)
- Overall increase in alternate transportation, recycling and energy management participation from 2017
- Increased our GRESB score, which assesses our ESG performance, by 29% from 2017.
“Corporate responsibility is prevalent in the daily practices at Weingarten Realty. We not only see this as a requirement, but as a duty to our associates, patrons, tenants, investors, and properties,” says WRI President and CEO, Andrew Alexander. ““We commit ourselves to being a corporate partner
of the environment and the communities we serve. ”
The full CRR is available to read on our GreenForward webpage.