What is UGC?
UGC is content created by your customers (users). UGC is generally a review or image, oftentimes posted on social media in the form of a tweet, Facebook review or Instagram post. Both B2B and B2C businesses can benefit from UGC.
UGC builds trust in your brand, because the content is thoughts and ideas straight from the customer. According to Demand Gen. 97% of buyers find user-generated content more credible than other content types.
What are the benefits of UGC?
UGC is valid feedback that can help you discover areas in your business that need improvement. User generated content is an opportunity to leverage the relationships with your customers to grow your business.
The other great benefits of user generated contents is that it builds brand awareness, boosts social media metrics and supports lead generation.
So, how do you get user generated content?
Getting user generated content can be tricky. Getting organic content from your customers should be a marketing strategy.
Here are some ways you can secure user-generated content from your customers:
- A discount or free gift for leaving a good review
- Run social media contests to generate content from your users.
- Use a hashtag to track customer content on Twitter or Instagram
- Encourage the creation of UGC by creating Instagrammable ‘moments’
- Repost customer photos and content on your social media channels and website
How will you use user generated content to your advantage?