We’re only a few days away from ICSC RECon, commercial real estate’s largest convention. Are you ready?
Below are a 10 tips from the Weingarten Realty team to get you through the show.
- Download the app RECon Maps. It’s the unofficial maps app for RECon, and allows you to search for any exhibitor and locate their booth easily.
- Always have a business card handy. Even if you aren’t going to a meeting, you never know who you might meet on the show floor.
- Bring a charger and/or a portable charger for your devices. The days are long and the last thing you want is your phone or other devices dying.
- Drink lots of water and bring chapstick. Vegas is dry!
- Use the #ICSCRECon hashtag. Follow along and interact with attendees, and use the hashtag on all your social media posts.
- Know your calendar. Make sure you set meetings in the Las Vegas time zone and always have copies of your schedule.
- Make sure to follow up. Brokers and retailers meet hundreds of people at RECon – make sure they remember you.
- Set aside some down time. A day filled with meetings, dinners, and cocktail parties can be exhausting. Make sure to have down time so that you don’t get burnt out.
- Check the weather. Vegas can be scorching hot or surprising chilly and windy – be prepared for either.
- Work hard, play hard. Enjoy yourself and the hard work you’ve put into the event.
Be sure to stop by our booth S250 Q Street – we can’t wait to see you in Las Vegas!