During a time when so many businesses are closed, a key to success is staying connected to your customers. While you may not be able to connect face to face, you can virtually.
As states begin reopening their economies and businesses get back into a normal routine, cross promoting is going to be a great marketing tactic for expanding the reach of your brand. Cross promotion is a strategic partnership where companies work together to help each other market their business.
Your collaboration should be meaningful and genuine, and benefit both businesses. Get to know the neighbors in your shopping center or community. Are there ways you can help each other promote your business? Choose your partners carefully. You want to partner with a company that has products/services that complement yours and targets a similar audiences – for example, a gym partnering with a healthy juice company or a caterer partnering with an event planner.
Cross promoting has many benefits.
- It allows you to to reach a larger audience that you may not have before, therefore increasing exposure for your brand. You’re able to piggy back on the customer base that your partner has.
- It is a win-win. Both parties benefit from cross promotion.
- It is cost-effective. If there are costs involved, it is generally split between two parties.
There are many ways you can cross promote, here are just a few:
- Offer a joint promotion or discount
Feature partners on your website and social media channels
Run a joint digital or print ad campaign
Run joint contests with your products as the prize
Co-host and organize an event
Co-market or co-sell each other’s products
- Co-sponsor a charitable cause
*There are many resources for available for cross-promotion. We have only mentioned a few in this blog. Weingarten Realty does not endorse any of the businesses listed in this post.