Keeping users on your website is essential for many reasons, and it all boils down to converting visitors to customers. The longer a user engages with the content on your website, the more likely they are to convert.
Here are a few ways to keep visitors on your website longer and boost engagement:
- Have a strong, visually pleasing website design – People do judge a book by its cover.
- Incorporate social proof (reviews, testimonials, user generated content) – cues that tell them your business is trustworthy.
- Adding video content to prolong engagement – Many of your visitors would rather watch a video than read text.
- Keep content fresh. Update your blog regularly, make sure news is relevant, and that all information is timely.
- Make your website user friendly. Make your site easy to navigate, have a layout that isn’t too text heavy, and group content in a logical way.
- Have a call to action. Include a newsletter sign up form, provide a link to contact you, show events you are hosting, etc. Don’t assume that they know exactly what to do.
- Explore your website analytics. Check out what pages get the most views, where visitors are coming from, and which content is most popular. Use this information to your advantage.
- Test and maintain your website. Have a plan for ongoing website maintenance, protect your website with proper security measures, and upgrade your website software when necessary.