Fall is quickly approaching and for commercial real estate, that means trade show season is fast approaching as well. Trade shows can be overwhelming, especially if you are a newcomer to your industry. Whether you plan to be an exhibitor at a show or are an attendee looking to network, you want to make the most of your time at a show.
Here are tips from the trade show experts at Weingarten Realty to help you do just that –
- Plan ahead . What do you want to accomplish during your visit?
- Get a list of attendees and pick out who you want to meet with. Did you know that all ICSC shows provide an attendee list? Anyone who is registered for a show has access.
- Bring an external charger for your devices. A phone with a dead battery is the last thing you want to deal with.
- Grab a map or bookmark the trade show floor plan on your phone. Trade shows can feature hundreds of companies and retailers – make sure you know where you want to go.
- Review the trade show programming and make time for seminars that interest you.
- Utilize social media. Let’s people know you will be at a show and engage with the trade show community through hashtags.
- Give yourself “free time” to eat, relax and walk around. Trade show days are long.
- At the end of the show reflect on what you learned, gather information you received, and put together a follow up plan.