Weingarten Realty is pleased to announce that one of our Senior Property Managers, Charles Cayce, along with one of our Regional Property Managers, Nancy Brookins, just received their LEED Green Associate accreditation through the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition to Charles and Nancy, Weingarten Realty has 3 other associates (Lance Sherwood- Development, Chuck Gurney- Construction, Ken Theriot- Construction) that have all received this distinguished accreditation. The additional knowledge and expertise that this designation provides to our associates further highlights Weingarten Realty’s commitment to a sustainable future.
The USBGC is made up of member organizations, chapters, students and community volunteers that all share the same mission of building environmentally sustainable buildings and communities. Today, there are 76 chapters, 12,800 member organizations and 193,000 LEED professionals that make up the council.
The LEED Green Associate exam consists of 100 randomly delivered questions which must be completed in 2 hours. The exam focuses on the LEED project process, core sustainability concepts, green building terminology, and various aspects of the LEED rating systems.
Are you planning to take the LEED Green Associate exam? Below are some quick tips to consider as you prepare.
- Sign up with a qualified LEED exam prep company such as Green Building Education Services (GBES) and purchase their LEED Green Associate Exam Prep Study Guide and online practice exams
- Take all the practice tests until you score in the 80s or 90s
- There is a lot to remember, some of it technical, so keep the material fresh by re-reading, taking practice tests, and reviewing flash cards or other study aids until the day of the exam
- Download the free Candidate Handbook at: http://www.usgbc.org/resources/leed-green-associate-candidate-handbook
- Make sure you understand concepts and vocabulary