Google My Business is one of the best free marketing tools! While traditional methods like signage and advertising helps your businesses’ visibility, many people rely on the internet to do research on a business and find them. Not only is it an important tool for your website, but it helps clients get directions, contact you, see business hours and post reviews. Claiming your business on Google is also extremely important if you don’t have a website, social media presence or way that would help with someone finding you in a search engine.
Registering your business is easy. Google My Business creates a Google Maps feature for your business which allows you to provide business information that will be displayed as a part of Google.
How to Get Your Business On Google
- First, create a Google account for your business at www.google.com/business/
- Search for your business on Google Maps, by either typing your business name into a Google search and then clicking the Maps tab or by going to Google.com/maps and searching for your business there.
- If you haven’t yet added your business to Google’s listings, or if Google hasn’t added it themselves from a third-party information source, your business won’t appear on the map because Google doesn’t yet know your business exists.
- If that’s the case, you’ll be given an option to create an entry from scratch for the business location in Google Maps. The link to click on will be titled “Add a place”, and it will appear in the left panel on the Maps results page.
- Google will ask for the address of your physical location. A business listing creation dialog will pop up – simply fill in the information and click Submit.
- Google will then add your location to their listings, which can take up to 24 hrs to go live. You will get an email from Google informing you that the new listing is active, with a link to click on to visit it. You’re done and your business will pop up when searched!