Creativity is an integral component to a business’s success because it directly affects your competitive edge. The biggest impact of creativity is new opportunities for growth. Creative employees = creative ideas = success.
If you continue to work in the same ways and don’t change your processes, your creativity will likely suffer. Organizations need to find ways to bring out the creativity in their employees.
You can’t force creativity, but you can encourage it. Here are a few ways to boost creativity in the workplace.
- Take a walk. Walking increase brain activity and releases endorphins.
- Change things up. A change in scenery or work practice can change your perspective about an idea.
- Collaborate. Work with your coworkers, they may offer a different perspective.
- Praise success. Your employees or coworkers will feel more valued and willing to work.
- Have an objective. Giving someone an end-goal and allow them to find a way to reach it.
- Have fun. A playful culture or environment can strengthen a team and further creative thoughts.
- Support risk taking. Eliminate the fear of making mistakes – accept all ideas.
- Plants. People who work in environments with plants are 15% more creative.
What will you do to boost creativity in your team?